Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Internet

It's amazing how happy access to the Internet can make you.

And when I get emails about things like this: http://yangond2d.com/Yangon_Door2Door/Yangon_Door2Door.html
It's hard to reconcile that with the fact that phone service was mostly out earlier today.  


Speaking of phones!   I finally did it.  I made the (rather ridiculous,y expensive) investment. And bought 
A SIM card. In Burma, where only a certain amount are given out in a lottery each month because 
networks here couldn't handle it if everyone was on (I've been told. And witness earlier comment
 on phones being out), these are mad expensive.  Easily cost more than a hundred if not two hundred dollars,  


But now.  Witness: connectivity.  It is kind of a beautiful thing. 


(So yeah. I've a number now. So uh, any of you want to call me, I'm happy to pass it on :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment